View Single Post
  #97   ^
Old Fri, May-27-05, 11:18

Plan: My Own
Stats: 154/141/- Female 61.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I am thinking of giving the Warrior Diet a try.

I hate diets. I had given up on them last year because they were making me crazy. I also tend to feel worse when I do a diet. I get obssessive about following them then get extreme guilt whenever I stray and this affects my physical health.

I was doing very well last year when "not dieting." Previous to that I had tried the Paleo diet and was eating every few hours. However, it wasn't working. I feel crappy when I eat frequently. It doesn't make sense to me since most doctors tell you that eating every few hours keeps your blood sugar stable and thus will make you feel better. But for me it seems to accentuate the ups and downs (even when I eat mostly protein!)

When I was "not dieting" I stopped being obsessed with food and also stopped eating so much. In fact, I would often go for hours without food and felt better. I let my hunger guide me. I also ate fairly healthy food because I craved it when I let myself get truly hungry.

However, due to some IBS issues, my new doctor believes I have some food intolerances. So some restriction is apparently necessary in my diet. She has had me on a restrictive eat every few hours diet and it is driving me bonkers and also I feel terrible. The only plus is I am eating very healthy food. But given the quality of food I am eating right now (organic veg and fruit, grass fed beef, range free chicken, good whole grains in small amounts) I would expect to be feeling fabulous. And instead I feel irritable, headachy, foggy and nauseous a lot.

Now I trust my doctor overall but I am not sure she knows what is best for my body. I feel better when I eat less frequently. So I am going to try it.

Last night I had a large dinner and felt very good. I was not hungry this morning and I really feel like I am on an even keel. I feel less irritable.

I am not so concerned about weight loss (although I wouldn't be sad if I lost a bit and I hope I do not gain). Mostly I want to stop feeling sick when I eat. I want to enjoy my food and I want to stop being so obsessed with it.

I do have one question, though. When I eat a lot of food at once I tend to get heartburn more frequently. I don't like taking medications of any type so what would you recommend? Should I stagger my overeating meal over the 4 hours so I eat it in smaller amounts at a time?

-J