Old Sat, Mar-25-17, 10:27

Plan: Keto Diet (LCHF)
Stats: 267/220/180 Male 74 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by andante
Welcome. My partner was an almost exactly the same position as you. He weighed 250, and had an A1 C 7.2. Within only a few months. His weight was down to 175, and his A1 C went down to 5.0. His diagnosis of diabetes was reversed. When he left the hospital after having a stroke last summer, they wanted to put him on Metformin. I was already doing low-carb, and my partner really didn't want to be on a daily medication for the rest of his life, so he decided to get serious about low-carb. We are both thrilled with the results. I have lost about 70 pounds as well.

The two things that I think of helped me the most were being very obsessive in the beginning about tracking everything. I wrote down everything I ate, and counted carbs even for complicated meals with lots of ingredients. And I kept a daily and weekly total.

The second thing that I always say is to keep reading the recipe threads here and elsewhere online. There are so many amazing and wonderful low-carb recipes and if you find food that you love you will never think about the food that you gave up.

Good luck to you!

andante,

Thanks for the encouragement and advice. I have been using the Atkins app religiously to track exactly what I eat. I dropped 15 lbs quick in 2 weeks but now it is much slower. At least I am now under 250 lbs on my way to a 180 lbs goal. I just found the recipes on this forum and made one last night which was really good.

I hope I can achieve the results you describe. I do not plan to be supporting big pharma the rest of my life.

Regards