View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 16:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/155/125
BF:
Progress:

Hey Rosebud.....Hang in there. I'm with ya on the sweet cravings. Jan 8th was my sons birthday and I was SO lucky to hear him say he wanted to have Japenese hibachi style dinner. I only had to suffer by NOT eating the best fried rice in the world. We came home to the giant chocolate chip cookie I had ordered and he told me he was too full to eat it (man...i could've eaten the whole thing). SO..the next morning I took 1/2 the cookie to the office. It made me feel good to see them all eat and enjoy it so much that I didn't even want any.
THEN....Jan 15th was MY birthday (my poor husband...all the holidays, then the birthdays) and it was my choice to go eat out. I really wanted to tell them that I'd rather eat at home (I was afraid to be around all the bread,etc at LONGHORN!) but we went and I had the salad (no croutons) and the filet AND shrimp with a side of broccoli. Was stuffed and no bread on the table so that was nice. I treated myself to a birthday sugar free jello with cool whip. WOW...but I'm feeling better for it all. Beating those horrible situations is the hardest and I can't imagince being a teacher because FOOD is always around for some reason or another....HANG IN THERE!

Also...you might like this...it lifted my spirits today...go to www.lowcarbluxury.com and check out all the dessert recipes...my printer hasn't stopped. I didn't realize how easy a couple of them would be to make. Key lime pie and Strawberry cream pie. I'm goin to the grocery tomorrow to get the stuff to make them. I'm on my third week of LC now and am ready to throw in a little spice here and there so I don't go "off the wagon".

Good Luck to you....at least we have this place to be able to vent and find comfort!

Amy