#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-03-10, 20:05
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins 72
Stats: 215/215/215 Male 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Advanced lifter question

Former army ranger so I'm not new to a gym. Just blew up like a complete idiot since getting out of the army and living like most people 5 years ago.
I've decided to make the lifestyle change to LC and I've decided to return to the gym to restore my old army glory. However I've noticed I am not really losing any weight, and I'm sure most of you are thinking "your exchanging fat for muscle don't check a scale etc" But I've been the same weight for 3 weeks now +/- 1.5lbs. Normally I would not bitch because I feel great and I do feel leaner and everyone has noticed the bulking up. But I don't think its possible to put on enough muscle to counter the fat loss at this rate. It would be like I'm gaining 5lbs of muscle a week which I doubt. Have any of you had a similar experience? I'm doing my cardio, taking my supplements and I always drink ample water while following the plan to a T. I'm sitting at 239 lbs and I'm 5'9 which means I would be a massive mofo if I exchanged all fat for muscle and stayed at the same weight. Those of you that had a similar experience how long do you think it took your body to adjust and start burning fat again? I dont think im stalled because my work outs would make me get past any simple solutions like that. Thanks for any input you guys give on your experience lifting as a low carber.
Sponsored Links