View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Mar-27-11, 14:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 228/156/140 Female 66 inches
BF:22%
Progress: 82%

I wrote that as a question to her when I go on Friday. I hope to talk more.. and get more asnwers as I found a sitter for my son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandawald
Hi Candice,

Having had low blood pressure myself, I really wouldn't wish it on anyone else. This is what I found about your drug:

So, if it is used for high blood pressure and your blood pressure was somewhat on the low side anyway, it figures that it would make your BP even lower and that could be unpleasant.

I used to get the dizziness when standing up, feeling so woozy and dizzy that I had to just stay sitting for a couple of hours in the morning till it wore off. This was OK for me, because my two daughters are now 10 and 14 years old and at school in the morning - but for you that would be a nightmare, having an active 2.5yo to race around after!!!

I have recently read on this forum about people saying that taking magnesium normalized their blood pressure. I do believe I read about two separate cases recently, one who said it got her high BP down and another who said it brought her low BP up. Seeing as it could also normalize - or at least lessen the frequency of - arrhythmias, too, plus have a whole bunch of other beneficial side-effects, it would really be the "drug" of choice for you!!!

It could also be a huge help with anxiety issues, help you to deal with stress better, help you to feel more calm and balanced - which I'm sure would be welcome as well.

Your doctors took a blood sample, I take it, and then said that this blood test had revealed "normal" magnesium and potassium levels. The thing is, these blood tests don't reveal anything very useful at all, because, in the case of the electrolytes, such as magnesium and potassium, only 1% of the body's stores of these minerals is in the blood.

This is typical of the slavish reliance on the "Blood Test" which so many doctors suffer from these days.

It happened to me, too, in the case of my B12 levels, because ONE number said everything was OK (but others told a different story), my Doc only paid attention to that one number and ignored the symptoms I told him about and the fact that, black and white, in front of his nose on the print-out, other numbers revealed blood abnormalities.

Relying on a blood test alone to reveal whether you are low in magnesium - remember that 1% statistic above? - is like investigating whether American citizens are violent by analyzing only the population which resides on Death Row: the conclusion would be that, yes, all Americans are extremely violent!!! If somebody conducted an analysis like that in any other area, they would be laughed out of school, but, to do the same with blood work is seen as completely acceptable!!!

Please don't allow the doctors to experiment on you like you were some kind of laboratory animal!!! Insist that they look into magnesium, potassium and copper as alternatives before the drug route is taken, would be my advice!

All the best, hope you get some answers soon,

amanda