#17   ^
Old Wed, Mar-08-17, 09:37

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/170/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Man
I think I'm focusing on the cooking and testing aspect as I don't see myself going back to eating the foods I used to. I will eat things I used to, but much more infrequent and spread out over time. If I can make good go-to recipes that are tasty and low carb, I can be quite happy living a fairly low carb lifestyle.

Once I figure out all the goods and bads and perfect the recipes, I will post them so everyone can try them. Right now, I am really still just dabbling and my recipes are far from refined.

I think this is a great approach, FM. I'm also working quite hard to think for the long term, and be sure I enjoy food and am satisfied. Making the shift to a permanent lifestyle change takes time and patience and the effort to understand oneself, to build something that works. I'm looking forward to seeing your test results! (And when work slows down...to put some effort to more creative cooking.)

Yesterday I rescued two small zucchinis (slightly soft) -- while the pork steaks were "resting" I stir fried a small onion, garlic and the said zucchinis in the "teriyaki" pork fat (use gluten free soy sauce and gender and olive oil, no sugar) and pored the whole mess over the pork. Yum! And super easy.

PS -- thud, I totally forgot about shirataki noodles! I'll pick some up this week!