Thread: Slow starting?
View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-24-12, 16:21

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 222/203/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 31%

Your gf needs to just stay on plan. My husband loses MUCH faster than I do and I have a thyroid issue as well as the issue of being female. And he sometimes eats off plan and STILL loses. It's enough to make a woman crazy! Women tend to lose slower than men. It's just a fact. It's not fair but life isn't fair.

Also, if it's anywhere near her TOM she may show a gain according to the scale. But the scale lies! Measurements & maybe a pair of "try on" pants would be a good idea for her. (try on pants = a pair she can try on periodically that are a size or two smaller, so she can see herself slowly being able to get into them better until they fit and beyond).

With the scale, I am sure someone here can post the WHY THE SCALE LIES thread for you. It's definitely not about the day-to-day fluctuations that we ALL experience, it is about the trend (borrowing this from JudyNYC, the smartest South Beach advocate I know!). If it's a general downward trend, that is ideal. That doesn't mean everyday is a drop. It means the trend is a downward one overall.