View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-17-18, 11:33

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 190/160/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:
Default How long before diet changes affect cholesterol test?

Hi everyone, I'm new here as a member, but I've been lurking for quite some time. I'm impressed with all the information available here and how supportive everyone is!

I've been eating LCHF for well over a year and lost 30 lbs., although I plateaued in the last couple of months, despite being strict. Recently I had an NMR lipoprofile test, which showed me that I am in that subset of people whose LDL-C and LDL-P skyrocket.

I recently instituted some changes similar to those made by the terrific poster here, Ken, and Frankiska Spritzer, the "Low-Carb Dietician."

That is to say, I reduced saturated fat quite a bit and significantly increased monounsaturated fat and, to a lesser degree, polyunsaturated fat. I've discovered that I really love avocados and raw nuts, lol. And I've upped my fiber intake considerably. My net carbs are still lowish, relatively speaking (between 40 and 50g). Fat is still 69% of my consumed calories.

I just started these modifications within the last week. What I want to know is if anyone can tell me how long it takes for these dietary changes to make a difference in the next blood test.

I visit my doctor tomorrow. I'm keeping my NMR results to myself for now, because she would absolutely freak out. She will most likely want me to have another cholesterol test as a matter of course, and I want to tell her about my dietary changes and ask her to wait until the changes take effect.

Anyone know how long that will take?

Thanks in advance!

Kate
Sponsored Links