Thread: Mayo stall?
View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-14, 00:25

Plan: Custom
Stats: 210/192/170 Male 170cm
BF:
Progress:

The reason why the diet is not about counting calories is simply because if you eat this way, you shouldn't be hungry enough to overeat. For example, when I am on the strictest of carb-counting(not a single gram over 20), I can last for 6~8 hours between meals without feeling the slightest hunger. I can also eat roughly 1/3 of what I would normally eat back before the diet and feel full. Therefore I don't need to count the calories because it's obvious that the amount is much lower than I normally eat.

However, dinner can still a bit of an issue, from my personal experience. Because you generally don't use up a lot of energy at night since you're likely sitting and sleeping. Eating a lot of calories at night may not have as much effect in terms of hunger prevention as it does during the day. It makes a huge difference whether you can stay full for 4 hours or 7 hours when you're talking about breakfast or lunch. But for dinner, depending on when you sleep following the meal and how much you exercise(or don't), you may still overeat despite having a normal meal.

So perhaps have lesser portions for dinner. Eat until you're "not hungry" as opposed to being "full." If you sleep soon after dinner, perhaps treat it more as a snack than a full meal.