#5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-21-07, 21:52
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

Hi from a fellow Canuck.

First, let me put in the disclaimer that I'm not totally knocking the whole M&E thing. I think it makes a lot of sense for winter eating, when fresh local produce isn't available anyway. It mimics how our ancestors might have eaten.

However... I had a gander at your fitday and prior to Friday, your eating looked almost like maintenance eating. It looks like you had 7 Tbsps of creamy dressing on one day. Another day, I see a half cup of heavy cream, and a whole cup on another day. Your calories were 2400-ish. After Friday, they fell to 1500-ish.

I applaud you for working on stallbusters, but I think it's important to give credit where credit is due, and I'd have to guess that it's the lack cheese, heavy cream, cocoa powder and overall calories. Forgive me if your fitday was not a good example of what you were typically eating.

Before the existence of the phrase "meat and egg", what was often recommended 'round here was Atkins KIS, which is a strict, clean plan of eggs, unprocessed meats, fats, and LC veggies only - no artificial sweeteners, no dairy, no processed meats, no frankenfoods, not even canned meats or veggies, if you wanted to take it that far. I think anyone in a stall should give this a shot first, to clean up their eating. Vegetables never made anybody fat. It seems that the longest-term M&E-ers are folks who are unusually carb-intolerant, have bowel issues, etc.

I agree with you that it's all about tools, and shaking it up every now and then.

Best of luck on your journey.