Registered Member

Plan: low low carb
Stats: 142/146/148 Male 177
BF:?/?/22%
Progress: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud
Just wondering what others think of this stuff. My verdict:

I was so excited to see it in the supermarket, and actually waited a few days before having any. The taste is just terrible IMHO, with way too strong a taste of aspartame.
And wouldn't you know it, they've made it low fat too, because they are presumably going for the "healthy" end of the market.

I wound up sprinkling some macadamias over it which helped, otherwise I'd have tossed it. Come to think of it, that's probably what I should have done anyway. Talk about disappointing! At least I'll never be tempted to overindulge, so maybe that's a good thing.

For the record here is the nutritional panel (it is the same for vanilla).

Roz

I tried the Peters 'carbohydrate modified' icecream the other day. Is it the same? This stuff was also an aspartame disaster and pretty low fat - 5.4 g/100g( sat 3.9). But it was very cheap , about $3.50/ 2 litres. I'll eat it occasionally. But we have recently ressurrected an old cream separator I picked up years ago and had forgotten in the back of the shed, for our daily supply of 6 litres of goat milk. The low carb icecream we are making with the cream and eggs is improving. It's a lot of work cleaning the damn thing, but I was buying heaps of cow cream anyway, so it's probably worth the effort. The goats are eating mostly tree fall mangoes which is upping their milk fat considerably. See, carbs are converted to fat .