#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-02-10, 18:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 218/188/130 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 34%
Thumbs up Working Out

Hi all!

This morning I went to the gym because it's what I do. It's so weird because I used to hate the gym because I was a Jazzercise instructor and didn't care for the philosopies of the gyms around here. Since I quit teaching, I've realized that I have to work out, no matter what! AND Now I love the gym. I get onto either the elliptical or the bike and I rock out to my favourite music on my i-pod. Then I lift weights and jam out some more. I've even made friends at my new gym which is so wonderful.

I used to belong to this snooty gym where the median age of the people there was 20 and there were no butts larger than a size 8. No one would talk to anyone and forget trying to lift weights. The peacocks (hot, young men under the age of 25) used to hog the machines, sweat all over them and not clean up after themselves. YUCK!

I changed to this new gym, Planet Fitness, a few months ago and I really love it! One of their main philosophies is the 'judgement free zone'. They are a bare backbone gym with cardio and weight equipment. They don't offer group classes or have a pool but oh well. It's a great place! They do offer training, but it's not thrust on you everytime you walk in. Oh, and it's free. The training they offer is free! It's so great!

Granted, I'm not as thin as I used to be but I'm doing something about it. The gym focuses me and I feel thinner when I go. I don't know what that's all about, but it makes me feel empowered to keep going and eating the way I've been the last month.

Does anyone else feel that way about their gym? Or do you work out at home?
Sponsored Links