#10   ^
Old Fri, Oct-26-07, 12:02

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 190/169/140 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmfrog
Ruth - by the way congrats on making it through all the SSI bureaucacy.

That shepard's pie with cauliflower sounds great - is there a recipe? Do you make a cauli topping adn if so what do you put in it? (I'm curious because I know you don't use dairy with meat and I'm not eating dairy...well not much anyway)

I boiled the cauliflower, then mashed it with some mayo and spices and a little chicken broth. I sauteed the ground beef with onions, mushrooms, and green peppers, then put that in the bottom of a foil pan, covered with the mashed broccoli, sprinkled paprika over the top, and baked it.

I use schmaltz (rendered chicken fat) as a cooking fat in most meat dishes- I do use olive oil sometimes but schmaltz tastes better and works better at high temps.

Man, I'm tired and achey. I usually take a combo of supplements and prescription meds to keep the pain under control, but the company I usually order the supps from was out of stock and is just NOW mailing them out to me, even though I ordered them over a month ago. And I goofed by not making a dr's appt as soon as I realized there were 0 refills left on my rX, so I have 4 days worth of meds and 5-6 days until I can refill them (the dr won't be in until tuesday, so I have to call then, and the pharmacy never stocks this med so it will be Wednesday or Thurs before I can get any more.)

So I've been taking half doses of my supplements all week, and I had to skip my meds last night- there's just no avoiding the pain and fatigue right now.