Old Thu, May-12-05, 18:38

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 250/190/185 Male 6' 1"
BF:30+/16/15
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BawdyWench
Sorry, Malcom, but I disagree. .

Well it would be a boring old world if we all agreed with one another!

The poster's suggested breakfast cereal and skim milk combo (1/4 cup) comes out at 24 ECC (23 - 5 + 6) - a huge hole in your daily intervention allowance - and that is if you can stick to one (very small) serving. As Doreen points out it doesn't get you your recommended protein either, plus it comes loaded with added sugar and HFCS. The Eades talk about the importance of getting natural sources of the fat soluable vitamins, and the overall message they present is that it matters quite a bit where you get your carbs - the majority should come from LC vegetables and fruit.

Sure, if the only thing that keeps you on the low carb path is a candy bar (or breakfast cereal with similar nutrition benefits) then you can do that, but as optimum health is the focus that the Eades have taught us all to strive for, when someone asks my advice as to whether a low fat high carb processed breakfast cereal with nutrient depleted processed milk on the side is a good way to start your new Protein Power way of life, I will continue to say NOOOO!

Cheers,

Malcolm