#36   ^
Old Fri, Mar-21-14, 04:33
Carnivore

Plan: <50 net/day
Stats: 368/305/190 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 35%
Talking 503 Days Nicotine Free

Oh wow, I haven't updated this thread in a year. I did it. That last smoke on 11/02/12 was my last cigarette/nicotine/etc. I have not slipped, or puffed, or cheated, etc.

My sense of smell is insane now. It's more sensitive than most never-smokers, I'm finding. Which is really, really, gross when I popped open a tote with winter coats from a few seasons back. What I could wash, I did, several times. Everything else went bye-bye.

I can stand in a group of people who are smoking and don't want to smoke. Don't get me wrong, talking about smoking makes my chest flutter, even now. However, that chest flutter is just a physical memory reaction. I don't have the psychological urge to fulfill that memory. The smell of smoke from other people doesn't bother me, but if it lingers on me, it grosses me out. Makes me sad for all the years I smelled of tar and burnt chemicals.

On my one year quit-aversary, I finally went through all my stash spots for unopened packs and threw them all away. There were 7 packs of smokes between my car, DH's truck, and the house. 7 packs I didn't "need to finish" before I quit. It was a proud moment.

Thank you to everyone here who gave me support - especially in those early weeks. It helped! Hey, that all got paid forward, too. I started a quit trend among friends. There were 7 of us who smoked. Now there are 2, and they live together.