Old Mon, Nov-11-02, 01:24
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 236/210/135 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default re: overeating

Hi, Chunkybutt!

I understand what you're going through. Most of the time, it feels like I enter a fog that propels me toward all of the foods I know I shouldn't eat. The fog seems to rob me of all intelligence and willpower. It doesn't go away until after I've stuffed myself with whatever it was I was trying to stay away from in the first place. I'm the only one at home and work on a low carb program (or at least trying to stay on the program), so there's very little support.

I know my binges are directly related to the type and number of carbs I've consumed during the day. A couple of years ago, I was on Atkins for several months. I started having severe problems with my liver (not related to LC -- I've had liver problems for 25 years) and went off the program. I think I let my doctor scare me into a low fat, high carb diet. I have not seen a whole lot of improvement in my liver function, plus I've gained weight in the process.

On November 1st, I started on Schwarzbein. Even though it's not been quite two weeks, I don't think this program works for me. The recommended 60 carbs per day is probably too many for me. I've noticed this LC program hasn't helped me control the binges, which I've done almost daily. When I was on Atkins before, I kept my carbs at under 30 per day and stayed away from most fruit, white potatoes, pasta and white flour. Back then, I learned to identify my trigger foods and either limit or eliminate them. As long as I stayed away from them, I had very few binge attacks that I couldn't control.

I know I need to get my carb count down and stay away from my trigger foods. It's easier said than done! I'm having a lot of trouble jumping back on the bandwagon. This time around, I have to limit the dairy products (because of the liver problems), which was an important part of my diet when I was previously on Atkins. Of course, it could be that my sensitivity to dairy will disappear when I put my whole heart and effort into following Atkins.

Take care.