View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-22-17, 14:09

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%
Default The End of Alzheimers by Dale Bredesen

This book was just released today. I have already started reading it and it is fascinating. He writes really well and even I can understand, at least in a rudimentary way, the science behind his protocol. I have lots left to read but so far I am really impressed and glad I bought the book. This is what David Perlmutter said about the book in an email I received:

Quote:
The End of Alzheimer's is a monumental work.

It is written by my good friend and colleague, Dr. Dale Bredesen whose research into Alzheimer’s and neurodegenerative diseases has absolutely changed the way we approach cognitive decline.

The book, available Tuesday, August 22nd, details the comprehensive approach that he has used in his clinic to achieve some breathtaking results with those suffering from neurodegeneration: of the first ten patients on the protocol, nine displayed significant improvement with 3-6 months; since then the protocol has yielded similar results with hundreds more.

In writing this book, Dr. Bredesen's goal is to make this approach available to all patients, caregivers, physicians, and others who have been touched by this disease.

According to Dr. Bredesen, Alzheimer’s disease is not one condition, as it is currently treated, but three, each with a specific biochemical profile that responds differently to treatment.

Rather than pinning hopes on a miraculous wonder drug, Dr. Bredesen has developed a step-by-step plan, the ReCODE protocol, that targets each condition individually and seeks to rebalance the metabolic and other factors that contribute to degeneration of the brain, such as hormone levels, gut health, and sleep patterns.

Using Functional Medicine principles, Dr. Bredesen recommends diet and lifestyle modifications to improve brain power and function that are totally in line with the most leading edge research we have available.

This book is an absolute must read for anyone who's life has been impacted by this disease.

PS: stay tuned for an interview with Dr. Bredesen in the coming weeks...

I thought it might be hyperbole but I am beginning to think he wasn't exaggerating.

Jean
Sponsored Links