#18   ^
Old Sat, Feb-09-02, 09:50

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally posted by susanna
My biggest problem is I love to eat. Hence, I'm fat! I keep using my baby as the excuse, but that's all it is, an excuse.

Sue, by saying this you've bought into what the low fat, high carb, calorie restricted propaganda big business is selling.

Human beings were never designed to eat refined wheat, sugar or startches - we dont have the intestinal tract for it. If we did we'd be able to eat them unrefined - like livestock does. Obesity in North America has skyrocketted in the past 20 years while memberships in fitness facilities has increased. People are more active and 'health' conscious; and yet they are also fatter.

Here's an interesting fact: the low fat, high carb diet that became so popular over the last 20 years has never been proven . It remains a theory. Nothing more. Every time someone has tried to emperically prove it they have failed. Every time they have used historical data to prove it they have failed.

If you want the exact stats and more information on how you should be eating and why pick up a copy of Protein power Lifeplan - by the Eades.

Nat