#7   ^
Old Tue, Aug-30-05, 20:43

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicknLady
Hi guys! Thanks for the threads. I've read alot about how higher cholesterol is usually healthier than low cholesterol, and I really believe it to be true. BUT, somehow it's still hard to deprogram myself after so many years of brainwashing! From similar threads here I see that my ratios of LDL/HDL are excellent, but people that don't understand will still freak out about my total number, considering how much it went up in eight years. Never saw the doctor, so I don't know what side of the fence he's on - hopefully I won't get a call saying I need to be on drugs!

Who cares what anyone thinks. Don't tell them the numbers, just say doc said they were fine....I think in this case it's ok to lie a bit. After all it IS no one else's business!

If doc says meds you have the right to say no. Please read up on cholesterol....and PLEASE take CoQ-10 if you do choose to go on any meds. Also be aware that most docs will refuse to believe most side effects caused by the meds are actually caused by the meds.

You've done great! Keep it up....and tell everyone to buzz off.