View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-15, 07:53

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: 288/224.8/180 Female 66 in
BF:
Progress: 59%
Default New Braces - Gained 5 pounds

Just got braces a week ago, and gained four pounds immediately, and another over the period of a few days. I started charting what I ate in the last few days, so I could see, and others could help, try to identify what the heck is going on.

I know inflammation will cause some issues, and right now, with my bones moving, I know my body is going to react, but I'm going to be wearing these things for the next year minimum. The last thing I want to do is gain back some of the weight I fought so hard to lose last year. In fact, I was hoping to drop another 30 this year, but now I'm five pounds in the hole!

I am trying to keep things soft, with lots of eggs, cottage cheese, etc. but the cheese may be one of my issues. I bought some almond milk and protein powder, so I could make protein shakes, but I'm having a hard time finding recipes without bananas and yogurt as ingredients.

In all, I really need some outside advice on how to kick this stall/gain, and still be able to eat properly with the braces. My go-to of chomping on bacon and red meat is not going to work this time, as its so hard to masticate meat right now!
Sponsored Links