Old Mon, Mar-12-07, 13:48
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armina
I was on another SB list (newbies2southbeachdiet) and they keep saying SB is NOT a low carb diet. And they post recipes for stuff like SF marshmallows that have almost 6 grams of carbs EACH.
I know that Dr A says it's a GOOD carb diet, and I understand about the difference between refined foods and whole grains, etc. but don't you guys count carbs at all? They DO turn to sugar in your bloodstream and for those of us who are diabetic, they have to be watched. I certainly can't afford hi carb food like that... my blood sugar would be off the charts and I wouldn't lose an ounce.
Help me out... I see you guys here on this low carb forum, yet over there I'm told the carbs don't matter!
which is it?
Thanks
'Mina

I do tink that the type of carbs matter big time!! But I don't count and have not ever counted in 3 years of doing SBD.

I would not be eating SF marshmallows!! I did eat no sugar added fudgsicles when I was still losing weight....but even that is very portion controlled.

I'm very curious what else is used to make those marshmallows?

I'm maintaining my weight now eating about, and I'm guessing, between 40-80 carbs a day. To me, this is moderate controlled carb.....but compared to the way I used to eat,(200 refined carbs a day) this is very low carb.

Even now in maintenance, I eat in a controlled way....I do not eat the way I used to eat. I follow the Meal Plan Guide that you can find with the Updated Food lists.

By the way, I eat very little grain....I do eat veggies, fruit, dairy and protein....no flour to speak of.

On SBD, we are allowed 75 calories of sweet treats per day and if those people fit this into their plan, then they do what works for them. Being that you are diabetic, this may not work for you. Do what works for you!