View Single Post
  #51   ^
Old Sun, Aug-15-04, 18:01

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 129/125/105 Female 5'2"
BF:33%
Progress: 17%

I agree. I feel like I have a choice. Either I can eat potatoes and bread for the rest of my life, but thats it...or I can low carb it and cut these out forever.

I have only been LC for 3.5 weeks, and only lost 3 lbs on induction...but I have gone from 33% to 30% body fat and lost an inch and a half in my abdomen. I was hoping for more...hearing about induction successes everywhere made me excited, so I was disappointed when I lost a measly 3 lbs. BUT...I am starting at a aomewhat low weight anyway, and I'm simoky trying to lose the 15 lbs I gained after having kids...

I have heard of this carb cycling, and I have a friend at work doing this, but what she does is called a "Sunday Treat Day". On Sunday she eats whatever she wants...(although she does keep her carbs below 60 or so)...so essentially she does a ONE DAY UP, then a 6 DAY DOWN. Doesn't sound as fun as a 10 day up...but she is losing a lot and not gaining much at all (/c its just the one day).

Now that I have read this thread through, I'm going to check out that journal too...and I think I might try this too. My only concern is this:
The low fat diet doesn't work for me anymore because I have gone "on and off" it hundreds of times. My body has figured it out and is dead set against me losing those precious pounds that will keep me warm and soft. Isn't this carb cycling simply a moderate way of "going on and off"? Do you think your body will figure it out and then stop LC from working at all?

Geez, what would I do if LC AND low fat didn't work for me. --Guess I'd just be warm and soft whether I liked it or not.