View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Feb-16-12, 05:53

Plan: paleo with L plates
Stats: 180/162/143 Female 160cm
BF:
Progress: 49%

Falling off the wagon is a slippery slope, I so get you on that. It took me five months to get back on track. My last off plan session somehow saw mince pies and hot cross buns it went for that long. I used to really slip, and take ages - carb monster gets me big time, using a slip as an opportunity to go spare on everything. Once I am on track, I really don't crave, I love the control I have. So to get back on track by the next meal, or slip and enjoy one thing only might help. I know many on this forum don't even like the foods that cause sugar spikes because the associations of how those foods make you feel.

Sweet poison was a good book, I enjoyed the biochemistry detail in it.
That loss you had, which returned, will be apparent again soon. It's water weight. My understanding is that muscles carry more water when glucose is present in the tissues, same with salt, so when the glucose is gone, the water will drop off. I think of it as still space in my clothes, but not fat loss. This way I don't beat myself up about a 1 or 2 kg difference ( welcome fellow kilo persons)

Products that are good in Australia.... Nuilife coconut oil, for boosting fat intake. And we are lucky because we have good quality meat and eggs, far more accessible that many places.

Keep it up. Those first few weeks should be great, I remember them fondly as they were punctuated with successes.