View Single Post
  #114   ^
Old Fri, Jul-22-11, 02:40

Plan: mindful/ketogenic-Paleo
Stats: 165/111.8/110 Female 164cm
BF:38%/21%/18%
Progress: 97%

OK, so I'm away from my thread for a while and people are talking about shooting deer!

So back to high fats... lol

Anyways, regarding fat in meat versus added fat like butter, honestly, I think that's getting super detailed. I mean, if YOU feel you do better on one food than another, than by all means go for it.
However, I would say that animal fats are different to a dairy fat and if I had to make a fat hierarchy, than animals fats would be the best. But I would only bother to consider this by buying fatty cuts rather than lean cuts. Because yeah, why buy lean only to add fat later?
BUT, sometimes I prefer lean, like with chicken, so that I can add a specific fat, like olive oil (many use coconut oil) these have their own additional nutritional benefits.

But if you're eating high fat, moderate protein, very low carb, I wouldn't get obsessive about it.

I've been on holiday and totally fell off the wagon. I LOVE that this WOE means that rather than come home depressed at the gained weight (like I once would have done), instead, I enjoyed the eating, shrug at the weight, and know that I can get back to better eating.

Hope you're all doing great!