View Single Post
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Jan-06-16, 12:45

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

I probably came off as a little flippant in my previous reply but I guess my point is that there are all sorts of things we can be worrying about at any one time or for any one lifetime. For reasons not entirely clear the medical profession chose some time back to focus on cholesterol. I think it is Gary Taubes in "Good Calories Bad Calories" who said the choice was made not because it was the most important thing to focus on but because it could be measured while other things couldn't. So I've decided just not to worry about it. Whether this is wise or foolish I don't know but neither does the medical profession There are things most of us do every day that are probably much more likely to cause harm than having a high cholesterol number that we simply choose not to worry about or not to worry about too much like driving a car. I probably worry more than many people about the dangers in every day living at the same time I have decided for myself that I am much safer staying away from doctors and prescription meds unless it seems absolutely necessary, in other words acute illness which I cannot treat myself. So I would say that the question about high cholesterol has no definitive answer. Like so many other things we get to choose what to do about it without knowing whether our choice is a good one or a bad one

Jean