View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-21-17, 20:20

Plan: Keto
Stats: 201/200/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress:

My daily diet includes a sausage patty and two-egg scramble in grass-fed butter (I am a CAREFUL shopper for my foods!). I make pecans roasted in butter, and have a handful of those around noon (pecans have 1 net carb in 1 ounce). Lunch at 2 is either a burger patty on lettuce and tomato, or a half avocado with salad shrimp, or a chicken/veggie bowl. Dinner is often a repeat of one of the lunch items, as I don't often finish them at lunch. A rare evening treat-I've made it maybe 4 times in the last month-is a raspberry/heavy whip cream/coconut cream smoothie. I don't scrimp on saturated fat, and cook in coconut, olive or avocado oil all the time.

Intermittent fasting is my next step, I guess. CANNOT forego meals during work, as my physical demands are too great for the mental demands of fasting. So that means skipping dinner. Which is when I'm to take my Metformin, so that I sleep through most of those side effects. Metformin must be taken with a meal, which might mean at breakfast, then...so the nausea should be in full force by dinnertime. Maybe that will be an assist? I might add, my diabetic doc doesn't believe ANY dietary change will make a difference in my Type 2, and often reiterates that if I don't get this weight off, I'm doomed to insulin injections in my future, regardless of how I eat. I live in a one-horse town, folks, and our hospital has ONE diabetes clinic. I have no other choices for docs, at least not locally. That lack of support alone has been really depressing!