View Single Post
  #63   ^
Old Sun, Feb-07-10, 11:26
I've decided

Plan: LC
Stats: 235/137.6/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:haven't a clue
Progress: 93%
Default How 'bout a Chocolate-Free Valentine's Day this year?

I don't have much to say on the ketosticks - just that I tried them way back in the beginning and soon realized there wasn't really any correlation between the sticks and weight loss. So, I tossed them.

But - wanted to post something in here for newbies...

Re: Valentine's Day -

Might be a good time to casually mention how you really don't want any chocolate this year. My very first Valentine's Day on Atkins, my husband didn't get me chocolate, and I was relieved.

I bought him chocolate though, and he hid them somewhere and had to keep slinking off down the hall and eating them. I could smell it and was teasing him about these shenanigans. It wasn't easy - so I'd even suggest not giving anyone chocolate either, especially if you're going to be around that person.

There's lots of romantic gifts and ideas that don't involve chocolate - doesn't matter if it's as silly as a heart shaped quiche for breakfast or as extravagant as some new perfume or cologne.

Anyway - stay away from the chocolate - not worth it! Of all the 'off plan' things you could potentially eat, something like chocolate has the *greatest* potential to de-rail you because it'll activate those horrible carb cravings, and you might have to go through a mini induction-flu all over again - that is, if you can get straight back on plan. Not worth the risk.

So, here's to a chocolate and sugar free Valentine's Day this year

-->editing to add: I mention this because I remember how it was when I first started out, not everyone took my new 'diet' all that seriously back then. As a newbie, it's easier for people to just buy you a treat and not think of the fact that you're trying really hard to lose weight.