#45   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-02, 21:25
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins hybrid
Stats: 210/183/163
BF:
Progress: 57%
Default pcos

I'm so glad you are all getting help with your pcos. I was diagnosed with pcos in '89. The obgyn who diagnosed it, treated it like a ho-hum problem and so I never thought anymore about it.I have endured almost all of the symptoms from weight gain to hair loss to skin discolorations and to chronic medical problems.Only within the last two years have the symptoms come together as being part of the same affliction. Only now are the symptoms being seen as life-threatening. My present doctor is working with me for a viable lifestyle in which I can possibly gain some relief. And I understand the tears and frustration you've had when the former doctors rap you over the head with "willpower" comments. How many times have you wondered what was wrong with you, because you couldn't lose weight on a 1200 calorie diet? Thank God Low-carbing came into the picture! In just one week, (no Met yet...) I've lost an incredible 6 pounds and have gone off the Paxil. I can sleep through the night and wake up almost refreshed--I'll give that some more time too! Now I want to learn Yoga! Hope you all have continued success, I have enjoyed your stories very much! I am uplifted and inspired!