View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 13:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 223/209/200 Male 73 in
BF:
Progress: 61%

Thanks Deb, guess I'll have to get smart about how come I shed weight and what the weight really was. I had a glitch in my posting, and did not edit it 4 times, however there were (for a short time) 4 duplicate postings. Luckily, a moderator was on hand and deleted the last 3, leaving only one when you accessed the list.
At the time, I did not make any quantitative measurements on my bouyancy, just qualitative, and I was getting less floaty and significantly so.
Recently I developed a calculation that estimated my body fat percentage based on how much of my head was above water when I took a deep breath and hold it. I floated to the tip of my nose, and by the calculation estimated my percentage as about 16%. I used one of the calculators on the web, independently with weight - height - waist size, and it popped up 16%. I was amazed, but think it was coincidental. There is probably a 1 or 2% error in my estimation due to lack of control over exact head orientation in the water and exact quantity of air inhaled.
Someday maybe I'll pop some money down for a real analysis.