View Single Post
  #52   ^
Old Wed, Jan-19-05, 17:43

Plan: Ultimate New York Body Pl
Stats: 156.5/150.5/136 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default 5 months post partum and seeing GREAT results on day 4

First, congrats to everyone who's working hard at a healthier lifestyle! BRAVO!

I gained 36 pounds with my pregnancy and lost 16 at the 1 month visit. At the 4 month visit, my total weight loss was still at 16 - only you mothers can understand that horror!! Prior to getting pregnant, I was a committed Body For Lifer for 2 years, and a perfect size 4. Don't think for one second I don't ADORE my new baby girl, but she left me in a size 12 jeans...UGH!! I tried to go back to BFL for 3 weeks, but my body is just so different now, and the results were dismal. You can only imagine what that did to my motivatation. Knowing I had to do something drastic to get a kick start going to healthy living again, I turned to the Ultimate New York Body Plan, all I can say is WOW! I've lost 6 pounds in 4 days and am already down to a size 10. I've been religious with the food and intense with the workouts. I get up at 5:15 a.m., feed the baby, put her back to bed and head straight to the gym. I have to admit that I struggle with core strength, but that's to be expected. Also, I could only manage to do 25min of intense cardio the first day, but committed to adding at least 2 more minutes a day, and am now up to 33 minutes.

It's hard, and some days it just really sucks, but it's a 2 week kick in the butt program. So, for all you new mothers out there, just disgusted at feeling your loose stomachs hit the sink when you brush your teeth (and you know what I mean!!) just make the time to do this. It's a real pick me up, and EXACTLY what your metabolism needs!