Old Sun, Jul-17-11, 12:19
Registered Member

Plan: personal blend
Stats: 224.3/211.7/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizellen
You're right this is how many people DO do induction but they are forgetting that the rule is that they should be getting MOST of their up to 20 net carbs from those three cups!
So in your scenario they should be eating less than one net carb of non-veg foods!

I have to say this is one point where NANY (based on the website, haven't read it yet) makes more sense to me than DANDR. It would be very hard for me to get 15 net carbs of veggies from 3 cups of a lot of my favorite salad veggies. I can see where if someone had very different veg. preferences it would be easier.

15 g of net carbs in 6 cups, now that I can handle!

To Freckles (cute name) - thanks for your post - as I see it being mostly veg (eat some fish) I pretty much have to follow NANY, which (on website) advises veg. to start at 30 g carb with dairy except milk and nuts included.
I don't think I could get enough vegetables on DANDR as most veg. protein sources have carbs. Doing the calculations on recipes I like indicate that I would be getting about 15-20 g of carbs from my protein dishes, which do often include a lot of veg. but I wouldn't be happy without eating salad or cucumber sticks.

Elsewhere I found an article from Dr Atkins saying that 32 g of carbs is the maximum for most people to enter ketosis so it should be OK. I'm forming the impression that what most people don't like about NANY (at least as presented on the Atkins website) is the suggestion of eating bars and shakes instead of "real food", is that correct? I don't want to eat bars and shakes, except to have a few around for something to eat in a "crisis" where I don't have time to prepare anything better.