Thread: after you cheat
View Single Post
  #84   ^
Old Sat, Oct-16-04, 08:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/150/125 Female 5'2''
BF:
Progress: 50%

Vacation did it for me. I hadn't cheated in 5 months, at all, and really wasn't feeling tempted. Or not enough anyways to actually cheat. And I did well: 25 lbs!

And then from one day to another, I got fed up and frustrated with not eating what I really wanted (which is always what you can't have, right?). It was like I didn't care anymore.

My DB is now at goal (he also lost 25 lbs) so he has more freedom of choice in the matter than I do. So we both went on a binge. A controlled one, for the most part, but we ate in 10 days 5 meals that included sugar and the evil fried potatoe as well as just one donut, then another two the next day and we ended up buying a dozen a couple days later (it was cheaper that way... ). We got some bread, a no-fat/no-sugar kind, low-sugar yogurt and still managed a somewhat lc meal: chicken breasts covered in a spaghetti sauce that contained lots of veggies with mozz to grate in the oven (superb, BTW ) but we also had garlic toast with that (really good) bread.

So not all was lost. There was actually some gain... 5 lbs. Constipation (still, and this was a week ago). And I'm PMS'ing.

I really don't want to give up yogurt again. Bread, I can live without. I really like this breakfast: 1/2 cup (no-sugar) yogurt, 1 tbs peanut butter, 1/2 cup (no-sugar) cereal and 1/2 cup of berries. I've been eating this forever to "insure" a good day, except for the past 5 months. I really miss it. How bad can it be?

I was beginning to gain confidence and this event shook it. I have noticed an negative internal discourse (telling myself I'm bad, I'll never make it, why bother, no wonder I'm so fat, etc), and have been fighting to keep it down.

I was getting away with losing weight without actually working out. Before this "binging". Those days seem to be over.

I need a plan.

Thanks for letting me think this through here. Thanks for sharing your stories.

Still struggling,

Charlie