#103   ^
Old Thu, Jul-23-15, 07:39
It's Only Food!

Plan: Ketogenic / IF
Stats: 279/248/210 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Mornin', Kids.

Kathy, my body takes a couple of days to get with the plan so maybe you'll see a drop in a few days. You're right, it's not an up and that's good!

I'm down 1.6 pounds today and have lost 6 pounds of the 8 pound gain. I'm really curious about why I slam on and lose water with such volatility. Inflammation from additives to foods on the road? Now that I'm home I know what is in my food. It just gets curiouser and curiouser.

Because of the lichen planus, Guillaine Barre, and thyroid nodules my doctor and my dentist are sending me to a rheumatologist for investigation into underlying autoimmune disorders. Earliest available is next month so I'm prepared for mega-testing. It may be why I am susceptible to inflammation water gain. Another puzzle. But the usual blood tests of kidney, liver, glucose, A1c, cholesterol, triglycerides, et al are perfect. In that I rejoice.

I got my new glasses yesterday after work. They have progressive lenses and I'm trying to adjust to them. I have 3 weeks to determine if I can live with them or not and, if not, they will replace them with the lined version I'm used to at no charge. This is different, that's for sure.

Today is a fasting day for me. I'm usually on a MWF schedule but tomorrow we're interviewing candidates for my boss' position and will have a working lunch. I like having the flexibility to work around life.

New appliances are coming today. No more standing on my head to see what's in the fridge and the stove has two ovens. The microwave is a snazzier version of our old one. The dishwasher amazes me in that it is silent. How they do that, I don't know but I've had to give up my kitchen rhythm dance I've done for decades with the old models. If one has ever seen it, that just might be a good thing.

Later 'gators.