View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-07-18, 15:14

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 136/130/130 Female 173 cm
BF:
Progress:
Default Can someone explain me water retention and sodium?

So I am very interested in starting keto diet, and have been doing lots of research. I am not doing it due to any wish of losing weight, but instead I have dealt alot with water retention lately. I have felt bloated, my face has looked puffy and tired, and I guess my diet have not been the best lately.
I have never really done keto completely, but I have been low carbing long time ago, where I really remembered how it helped with bloating and water retention…

BUT: as I have looked into the diet, I see a lot of people suggesting and emphasizing the importance of getting sodium on this diet. In my case, as I really have felt bloated and mainly wanna do this diet to kind of shed the water retention and bloat, won’t the sodium that are alot of in the keto diet then offset the otherwise drop of water weight that follows with decreasing carbs?

Sorry if it sounds confusing or stupid, but I am not really sure about how all this functions… I just really wanna feel less bloated, and I am afraid that the sodium will do, that I don’t see any difference…
Sponsored Links