View Single Post
  #58   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-18, 17:58
Registered Member

Plan: Keto + IF
Stats: 260/300/165 Male 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: -42%

So I can't remember which post it was that I read about the book recommendation for Eat Fat and Grow Slim (1960), but I found a PDF online of it today and I'm halfway through reading it now and I am *STUNNED*. This author (Richard Mackarness) was way ahead of his time. He had a near total understanding of how obesity really worked way back then, when everyone was falling for the low-fat dogma. Pretty amazing. I wonder if he was a big influence on Dr. Atkins, as he came quite a bit before Atkins.

He's also hilariously funny, referring to "Mr. Constant-Weight" for skinny people and "Mr. Fatten-Easily" for fat people.

There's also this beauty:

"Eskimos, when still on their home meats, are never corpulent - at least, I have seen none who were.
Eskimos in their native garments do give the impression of fat, round faces on fat, round bodies, but
the roundness of face is a racial peculiarity and the rest of the effect is produced by loose and puffy
garments. See them stripped, and one does not find the abdominal protuberances and folds which
are so in evidence on Coney Island beaches and so persuasive against nudism."

And the bottom line is so simple really: Avoid sugar and starch as much as you need to to lose weight. And don't be afraid of fat.