View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-09-16, 12:44
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%
Default Do you trust the medical profession?

Those of us who have been around for a while have watched the medical profession change like the four seasons. Sometimes coffee is bad for you, sometimes good. So it goes with most of the things we eat and drink.

For at least 50 years, the SAD has been the recommended way to eat and stay healthy. This has led us to the diabesity epidemic sweeping across, not just the USA, but the Westernized World.

This morning The Guardian had an article rebuking people for no longer taking Statins, claiming "Statins prevent 80,000 heart attacks and strokes a year in UK." The article claims "Study in Lancet says risk of side-effects has been exaggerated and controversy will cause 2,000 extra heart attacks and strokes over next decade."

I just found another article which for me is truly frightening.New Test Could Detect Cancer 10 Years Before Symptoms Show "This blood test to screen for cancer can easily be administered as part of a visit to the patient’s primary care provider. Early detection makes for easier prevention."

Will this test be optional? Or must we submit our blood and, if we are diagnosed, live in fear (and at great cost monetarily for Pre-treatment) for 10 years waiting for what the test tells us is The Inevitable Cancer?

Call me paranoid, but my trust that the medical profession is working in my best interests is sorely degraded. As it is, Medicare levies 20% of the costs of Chemo against the patient. What will they find to charge us for a Pre-Pre-existing case of Cancer?
Sponsored Links