#3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-23-02, 10:55
Registered Member

Plan: NA
Stats: 230/230/230
BF:
Progress:

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. I'm looking up case studies but those tend to be harder to find - but perseverance (and maybe some book purchases) will pay off.

However, I still believe in the effects stated because on many of the forums I've visited, I see people complaining about this or that, and their complaints and symptoms (reported from their mouths - I'm not a doctor) seem to correlate with the article's predictions. I could save discussion threads and link the different pieces of the articles to those threads for the time being.

Basically, I do see a lot of people complaining that the weight loss is not constant, that things slow down after the first onset of loss. I do see people complaining about even the smallest signs, like bad breath (from the acetone ketone bodies), nausea, etc... . All this just tends to make me believe a bit more in what the different sources say (I will set out to create a references section at the bottom).

In any case, I wouldn't doubt that high-carb and low-fat diets would be bad for you, too, although I haven't done the research in that area just yet. But here's another question - what about a nutritional diet that would be about equal parts carb, protein, and fat combined with regular amounts of exercise? So rather than stressing one point, just even them all out...?

It just all sounds... well... in my opinion, it sounds unhealthy to fake your body into thinking that it's starving when it really isn't.

- Jonathan