View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Nov-29-03, 11:36

Plan: CAD
Stats: 146/146/120 Female 5"1
BF:
Progress: 0%

Teresa,

My husband used to basically make fun of low-carb (five years worth of smiling and shaking his head at me), until six weeks ago he complained about the fact that he needed to shove off a few pounds, and I suggested CAD. Well, to date he's lost 15 pounds, feels great, loves this way of eating, and I doubt he'll ever do things differently again. Funny, huh??!!

But back to when he DIDN'T believe in low-carbing...I just made it clear to him that I would do MY thing and he could do HIS thing, and that no criticism was allowed. Being criticized didn't help me, only frustrated me and made me want to eat more, and if he didn't want his wife to be heavy, he needed to be quiet. I just shook off my need for his approval since he couldn't understand that some people truly have a problem with carb addiction. It does make me feel so validated now to have him say that he finally understands what I was talking about then. He's 100% supportive now.

Here's wishing your hubbie will do an about-face when he sees how healthy and happy you are. In the meantime, you keep your nose to the grindstone and do what's right for YOU.

Love, Shelby