View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Sep-18-17, 08:18

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

I bought a jar of the Costco coconut oil one time (at least a couple of years ago, when they first had it in stock), but don't recall if it said anything at all about being healthy. I haven't received any notification from them yet that there was a class action.

I ended up taking it back after taking a taste of it. It was supposed to be virgin coconut oil, so it should have tasted like coconuts, but it just tasted "off" to me, not at all what I was used to when buying coconut oil. To me, the likely cause of it's taste was being packaged in a plastic jar, instead of the glass jars I was used to, and I'm thinking it must have picked up some off-flavor from the plastic.

Back when there was a recall on almond butter - can't recall the brand name, but it was before they started selling their own brand of almond butter. They notified me that their records showed I had bought it, and that I should return it because of the recall.

So I suppose it's possible that this time I didn't receive any notification because their records show I took it back after tasting it, but then again, it may be because in the case of the almond butter, there was a recall, as opposed to a class action with the coconut oil.