View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jun-20-08, 12:09

Plan: Keto/Phinney18
Stats: 269/265/145 Female 5' 8"
BF:Way/TOO/Much
Progress: 3%

You have to believe in LCing. It becomes a way of life rather then a diet. It might take a few times of off and on for you to be completely convinced this is it and maybe you will find something else that works for you but if this really is right for you there will come a time when you are completely convinced and you will be able to stick with it and keep going. Sure I miss a few foods BUT they just aren't good for me, give me pain, make me fat. etc. I know that this WOE makes me feel good and have lots more energy.

Try to think of all the good things you can eat and make menus around that.
Don't get hungry ! Ever! Eat low carb and drink lots of water and keep your tummy full so there won't be room for STUFF that isn't supposed to go in there.

For me it isn't so much motivated anymore because I know there is no going back to eating any grains at all. They give me pain or make me exhausted so I just know they are totally off the list . It makes it much easier to stay away from them because I pay if I eat them. I just gave all my grains away to a friend yesterday and most of them were gluten free but they still bother me so I was happy to release them for good.

I used to feel like I was giving stuff up if I HAD to LC but now I am happy to give that stuff up to feel good. Maybe you have to read the different LC plans and find one that fits you better. Good luck with your new start at LCing.