Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 19:24
Registered Member

Plan: Redbook Magazine
Stats: 166/144/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 85%
Default Man as a Hunter

Dear all,

I have been reading many lucid and eloquent messages on the advantages of low carbing. Lower carbing has certainly helped me!

I am not sure why it is so important to believe that early man was mostly a hunter. I've evolved since then. Besides reading about Lucy, a 3-1/2 million year old, fairly well preserved skeleton found in 1974 who reportedly was a grain eater, it is common sense to think that people ate the fruit and grain growing around them until they had the use of weapons. They may have eaten smaller animals that they could catch and kill but I am sure that was supplemented with that dirty word "grain." No, as someone inferred, fruit, grain, herbs and vegetables did not wait for man to discover how to grow them.

Our teeth show that we are omnivorous--in fact most of our teeth are shaped like herbivores. Don't forget the Atkins diet is not against vegetables or grains(?), just says a higher protein diet is better. Carbs seem to be meant for the more active.

Check out this link and you will see what some scientists say early man ate.

http://www.ivu.org/history/early/ancestors.html

In defense of low carb diets, it doesn't matter what our forbears ate--I have to go with what is good for me. The test on whether this diet is a fad or not depends on the soundness of its principles.

I'm sure the pioneers of this diet were non-conformists and thank God for that. I am not here mainly for acceptance but looking for a WOE that will work. If it doesn't, I will eat whatever does work and hopefully, not crow.

God bless,

Jeanne48
Sponsored Links