Old Sat, Jul-02-16, 07:48
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh6251
Just got back from dining out. I ended up eating eggs and bacon. It was nice and filling and I stayed OP. I was totally ready to just sip on Ice Tea if they didn't have anything that was acceptable.
That's awesome, Judy! It really is a choice every single time we eat! WTG!
Quote:
DH was a little concerned because I brought the hash browns home for him to eat later, and gave him my toast. He said I should live a little since it was 4th of July weekend. he still doesn't get it even after 2 years that I have been eating this way.
Judy, he may NEVER GET IT. But that's okay b/c you are doing something to improve your health!
Quote:
DD is always watching her weight. If she gains 2 pounds she goes in a frenzy. But she gets concerned because I choose to eat the way I do. She believes the hype and propaganda.
Many people have been brainwashed by the hogwash that our government & medical profession have deemed the "healthy" way to eat.

All you can do is serve as an example that the LC WOE is best for you no matter what! Hopefully, she'll realize that too!
Quote:
I took my walk this morning, didn't climb the hill. My joints have finally settled down. May have to look into hip replacement surgery.
Sorry to hear that you may need hip replacement surgery...
Quote:
I haven't weighed myself lately, but have gradually got myself down to a smaller size. But my other issues have resolved themselves. That was what I have been after.
That's awesome!

Why don't you weigh yourself? You should never fear the scale b/c IMHO, if you're eating 100% OP everyday, the scale will reflect that!
Quote:
And I don't spend my day thinking of my next meal I can concentrate on something more worthwhile. Finally food can be fuel and not an obsession.
Isn't that a terrific place to be, that food is fuel and not an obsession?

B/c I was like that as "Fat Jo"! I spent what felt like hours obsessing about my next carb-age fix.

Hell, sometimes I wasn't even finished face-planting in a carb-age laden dish and I was thinking about what I was going to have next.... I was one sick sick sick carb-addict for sure!

Once I seriously went HC A '72, food did not hold that same passion, obsession for me.

I regard food simply as something to nourish my body! That being said, I don't want you to think I don't LOVE what I eat...b/c I do!

Here's a great quote that really sums up how I feel about food these days:
Quote:
A Buddhist “Before Eating” prayer that includes these words:

"By seeing this food as medicine, I will consume it without attachment or hatred, not to increase my arrogance, strength or good looks, but solely to sustain my life."

Posted by Jean (cotonpal) in thud123’s Journal on 9 Jan 2016