#98   ^
Old Sat, Jun-27-09, 17:49

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeph317
my son has been taking 2000iu of D3 for several months and we recently increased him, first to 10,000, then to 50,000, hoping to improve his osteoporosis. we went to an amusement park yesterday with our youth group and he was one of the only people who didn't get burnt. my son is extremely pale and i was sure he'd end up burning. i was going to have him use sunscreen after some time in the sun but it ended up never being necessary. we were in the florida sunshine from 9am til 6pm. of course he wasn't in the sun that whole time but most of it!

Wow, Zeph317, great story. I am black, therefore my daughter is black . Well, actually she is sort of an Asian yellow. I will never forget when she burned in the son during band camp. I did not think that as strange at all since she is rather pale but, I wonder if she would have burned at all if she had enough vitamin D. Her husband who is white, is quite pale ( blond haired and blue eyed ) and he burns easily. I am going to tell them both about your story. I have been getting my daughter to take vitamin D3 supplements but I don't think she takes enough. She had asthma and pneumonia within the past 4 months. I usually lurk on this thread and rarely comment but I am sooooo glad it is here.