#14   ^
Old Wed, Feb-29-12, 08:53

Plan: 5:2 modified South Beach
Stats: 148.6/145.6/114 Female 5'2.5"
BF:43% Accu-Measure
Progress: 9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarrahSS
Ok. I forgot to say I guess I am at day 0.

Today I'm at Day 12 clean from Binge Eating.

I can't recommend Geneen Roth enough. Or maybe it's just that I was finally in a good place to hear what she had to say.

I have also come across these youtube videos from Josie Lenore who addresses bingeing, why we do it, how to switch to hunger driven eating with many concrete suggestions.

josielenore's Channel - YouTube

www.youtube.com/user/josielenore

I really feel that I am finally getting control over food in my life. This past week I've had to go out to dinner a bunch of times and each time I was able to order delicious food and yet not overdo it at all.

I also am making a practice of sitting at my table, using attractive dishes, loading my plate up abundantly and being present when I eat. I can't believe how amazing food tastes when I am really hungry. It feels like I have already reached my goal.

I have been on such a never ending cycle of denial and deprivation and then overeating, stuffing, bingeing. I'm starting to believe that my constant dieting and preoccupation with losing weight is coming to an end and consequently freeing up so much time in my life.