#27   ^
Old Mon, May-27-02, 04:01
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 137/130/107
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Now I know

I totally agree - this is a bit like a confession booth, but if it helps others to get back on the wagon after falling off, here's my experience.

I had been on induction for 3 weeks, losing and feeling great - trying to introduce 'good carbs' into my diet to find my level for continuing weight loss (Dr Atkins makes it sound easy).

Well after another 3 weeks some of those 'bad' carbs were sneaking in as well - and the addict in me was justifying them.

I'd even stopped my food journal on the forum - telling myself that I didnt have time. Who was I kidding! If i had kept writing, Anyone stopping by would have seen what I was doing, and pulled me up about it. ( I hope you're all still out there )

Well Saturday just gone, was the day that I realised just how far off the wagon I had fallen. I started the day with Alpen and Natural Yoghurt and Honey. Why ?? I haven't eaten this sort of stuff for at least 2 months. My face was truly in the mud!

I spent at least an hour in Tesco shopping for just a handful of groceries . The majority of the time was spent walking around the same two aisles - bread and cakes - until I caved in and bought an Entimans New York Cheesecake. I saw the carb count on the label, I read the ingredients and I couldn't wait to get home and eat it.

And I did - I started with the first quarter, followed immediately by the second. A couple of hours later I had the third. My daughter noticed the last quarter in the fridge and asked if she could eat it - No way- that beauty was mine, and only mine. At 10 that evening, I was feeling horribly hungry - burning in the throat hungry ( I haven't felt this way since starting LCing) I finished the last piece.

Strangely I didn't eat anything else all day - total carbohydrates.

Woke the next day with a horrible headache, on one side of my head. As soon as the kids went off with their dad for the day, I pulled the duvet onto the couch and was slumped in a
post-sugar-stupour for the whole day until they returned at 10 last night.

I'd like to put it down to my TOM - I have quite painful ovulations and big mood shifts around 2 weeks after periods. And this was just such a time. In reality it could have happened at any time - I should have seen the signs creeping up.

Today is Monday - Day 1 of induction. My name is Frances and I am a carbohydrate addict.