View Single Post
  #884   ^
Old Fri, Mar-24-06, 20:04

Plan: zero-carb
Stats: 140/140/140 Male 5'6"
BF:
Progress:

Day on the Green, summer, Oakland- with the Who. It was at the stage left speaker-extension. Rex Jackson and I were shifting the boxes after the Who finished. He swung the box towards one side: I was holding on to the box, lost my footing and went out over the edge. I was knocked out briefly. I was not able to hang on to the box due to my gloves. Not fun, missed our entire set while at hospital getting the cast put on.

I wish Mr Contrary would REALLY read the entire thread, and stop making silly, stupid comments contradicting the facts I have already presented, and which have been thoroughly discussed by the people unlike yourself, who are genuinely interested in a meat only diet. This discussion was started as a place where open minded people, who are having various problems with their health and especially body fat levels, can find and discuss information not generally available. I actually only resent the intrusion of someone who is uneducated in the truth ,closed minded and obstinate, and who adamantly and intractably asserts we are 'omnivores', contrary to the evidence to be seen in our teeth, stomachs, intestines and the impact on our general health of such a dietary regime. For you information I do not lie nor do I invent anything.

I will say this one more time: I have eaten an exclusive, all meat diet for forty seven and one half years. IK have better than 'normal' health, and a very strong body. I have exhibited NO deficiencies of any kind during this extended period. My blood chemistry is rock stable and within all normal limits.

Nutritional DEFICIENCIES are defined by observation of the negative effects in the people studied, then verified by adding to their diet the missing nutrient thought to cause the deficiency, and further observing to see if there is any improvement- Nutrition requirements are not determined by some mysterious, 'scientific' arcana.

Do you have all your teeth.... are you even 47 years old? If you doubt my veracity and the length of time I have been on this dietary path, I can easily reference dozens of people who know me (some of my friends from before '58 are still alive) to verify it. Not only that, but there are many articles and interviews in print which mention it- over a very long time span.

Welcome to the real world.

'Studies'? Stefansson LIVED and worked for YEARS with the 'feral' Inuit. And Stef is not the only Arctic explorer who lived amongst them to state the exact same things about the Inuit people. You can say nothing to verify the bonafides of people who claim the Inuit ate stomach content- it is an ancient and completely laughable vegetarian myth. So, yes, they lied and created myths, that is the first true statement you have made. Stefansson is above such nonsense. Why is it you never check things out before babbling such egregious nonsense?

Incidentally there is nothing 'unique' about my body, it is just like yours and everyone else's, we are all human and differ only the most minute ways, like a propensity to quickly become obese, or being hyper-metabolic, and having a great difficulty gaining either bodyfat or muscle mass. The former is more common than the latter. But neither is proof of omnivorism, any more that blood type. If you are an adherent to that silly idea, I am A neg, meaning (or so I have been led to understand) that meat is 'bad' for me.

If your 'opinions' are the tiresome repetitions of nonsense you have already posted- several times, then I and almost all of the other participants of this rather lengthy and informative thread really do not need or want any more repeats- it is distracting from the real subject under consideration and adds absolutely nothing of value. It only forces many readers to take you to task, as I have- thus wasting our valuable time. We really don't need or want to interact with vegetarians, we are not proselytising our ways, do not expect to be proselytised and trust me on this, none of us will be convinced by your specious arguments

A pediatrician I consulted at the time of my second wife's pregnancy in 1960 told me that a newborn human baby could ONLY digest human milk and (not too fatty), under-cooked or raw, finely chewed or pureed- meat. He also said that grain and vegetable based baby foods like Pablum would cause serious gastric and colonic difficulties until the child reached at least 2-1/2 years of age.

Some vegans have famously been jailed for homicide for causing the deaths of their children from malnutrition due to their diet.

The usual dry and grain containing cat and dog food is the reason that these animal suffer from diabetes, when feral or meat fed cats and dogs never do.

Yes, Greg Ellis has never been able to go strict himself, even though he knows the truth. For one thing it is very difficult for him like everyone else due to his culture, and although he wants people to know about the diet, he also wants to sell his books- and he knows, like Atkins did, that virtually all people simply won't be able to adopt a diet with too little of the socially familiar carb content. Greg sent me many excellent papers on metabolism, which I have put away somewhere. I have not been able to locate them due to all the work I have here on my property each day. As soon as I find them, I will post the refs.

An all meat diet does not contain 50 gms of carbs. Such a carb content will not allow unlimited fat/meat intake. Yes, it matters a lot between 50 gms and 5. Dietary fat either is not absorbed due top exceeding the supply of emulsifying bile, causing loose stools, or if absorbed- will circulate until used. Radio-tagged fat has been used to show that dietary fat does not enter adipose cells.

For a complete explanation of cholesterol and saturated fat, read 'The Cholesterol Myths' by Uffe Ravnskov. Visit the website thincs.org.

Both HDL and LDL cholesterol are very important and work on concert. Neither have any proven relationship to coronary artery disease, which has been shown (by a study which I have already referenced on this thread)- to relate to insulin.

The 'recommended' levels are far below the actual average seen in normal, healthy people. These 'standards' were set by bogus 'studies' (and carefully edited research papers) funded by the pharmaceutical industry. It has been lowered from a healthy 250-300 mg/dl to a dangerously low 140- in a move to put 90+% of all humans in a category 'requiring' statins, which are very dangerous chemicals with severe side effects. This is the industry's new 'insulin for life' drug. More deaths occur from all causes with a low level than with a high level, especially in older folk.

Cold turkey on carbs causes some degree of feeling tired and having low energy levels for a while. This will pass away gradually over a few weeks to be replaced by boundless energy once you have keto-adapted. If you try to taper-off, you simple delay adaptation, how much so will depend on the level of carbs. But be warned, a surprisingly small amount of dietary carbs in some individuals will stop keto-adaptation in its tracks.