View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Apr-26-17, 05:57
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

This is something I've noticed since teaching at a public school for almost 20 years...

The kiddos are eating more and more frequently... as well as carrying water bottles like they are gonna keel over at any moment from dehydration...but that's a topic for another day...

We offer free breakfast at school; don't get me started on what they are served b/c it's always carb-age and more carb-age.... Holy Hannah.... Most kids come to school already having had breakfast, but since it's free, they'll eat again!

I looked up the Nature Valley Cookie Cups and apparently there are "5" cookie cups in a box according to this advert:

http://www.target.com/p/nature-vall...oz/-/A-51532394

Here's the tag line to buy 'em in that URL:

Granola Cups. Simply Delicious. We paired the decadence of peanut butter with the wholesome goodness of whole grain oats and nuts to create a new kind of indulgence. Crunchy. Creamy. Delicious. No artificial flavors, colors or sweetners. No corn syrup.

I had to look up tapioca syrup since it's one of the "natural ingredients" and it's an all natural liquid sweetener created from tapioca starch.

Probably no better or worse than corn syrup, but corn syrup has gotten such a bad rep lately for good reason so Imma sure the food industry scrambled to find a suitable, inexpensive replacement! JMO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
This could be an example from Michael Moss's book, Salt, Sugar, Fat how food engineers find that bliss point for a food.
Excellent book and yeppers, I can't agree more!