Old Mon, May-13-02, 06:42
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/CALP
Stats: 135/119/115
BF:23.95/22.1/20.4
Progress: 80%
Default Help---I'm a Carb Addict

Hi, I am Susan and I am a Carb Addict.

I do quite well with the Atkin's Diet and have lost around 10 lbs but I am really having a problem with the strict restrictions on the fresh fruits and veggies and in the past I have always enjoyed these items...especially now that Spring and Summer and the growing seasons are here.

Is it possible that the CAD diet would be the way to go for someone like me ?

Like I said before, I do quite well on Atkin's and definitely feel much better than before and I can tell the difference when too many carbs ( especially refined sugars ) are ingested, but I don't feel bad when I have indulged in my fresh fruits and veggies.

I restrict myself to 24 oz of coffee , both regular and decaf, per day and at the most 1 diet soda. I have had to add a stool softener and some Metamucil because of the lack of fiber in my diet.

Breakfast during thr week is normally 1 or 2 eggs and either 3 thin strips of bacon or 2 sausage links; lunch is usually an Atkin's Advantage bar because if the weather's decent, I walk during my lunch hour. Dinner is a large salad with lettuce, cukes, onion, tomatoes and sometimes cheese and boiled eggs plus a meat entree and sometimes some extra cheese.

If I have a bedtime snack it is usually some sugar free jello with whipped cream.

Daily carb totals usuaally between 15-22g net after the fiber is subtracted.

Weekends are not much differeent except that for breakfast if I am in a hurry will be a low carb shake...made MY way...still around 2-3 carbs...meat and cheese for lunch and the usual dinner.

We like to cook on the grill a lot during the warmer months but I do not add the BBQ sauce to my servings.

But I just miss the fresh fruits and veggies.
Sponsored Links