View Single Post
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Oct-08-16, 18:06

Plan: OWL
Stats: 177/168/135 Female 5'1"
BF:50.5/38/25
Progress: 21%

Okay y'all... this is a super old thread, but I just gotta add my two cents here.

I found a Ronco Showtime+ Compact Rotisserie and BBQ, secondhand, at the Goodwill (Model 3000). It's only the second model made by Ronco (which is still in business and still selling rotisseries). It originally retailed for about $100 (decades ago). I paid $30 for it.

I LOVE it! So far I've made chicken parts; sausages; country-style ribs; baby back ribs; and even broccoli (yes, broccoli) with it! I'm going rotisserie crazy here. I'm going to cook a chicken tonight.

A couple of these things I overcooked. My fault, not the machine's. An eye of round beef roast I tried did not turn out well. that cut really needs a different method of cooking. There is only one temperature on this thing, and I think it's 425F. Something like that. So items you would normally braise - don't try them on the Ronco. Pork shoulder roast (and country style ribs) is probably better cooked at a lower temperature.

This particular model has mechanical (as versus digital) controls. It goes "tick tick tick" as it runs. So old school, I love it! I find it easy to clean, although if you use the basket you're cleaning 8 individual pieces (including the glass lid, which does not come off on this model, but does in the new model), but it's easy. I highly recommend this product.