#12   ^
Old Thu, Dec-01-11, 16:33

Plan: General low-carb/sugar
Stats: 185/185/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carne!
am doing the same thing. atkins works for me but is too restrictive. considering i just want to maintain and NOT count calories, i am doing semi low carb. I eat between 50-100 grams of carbs a day, no sugar (except in peanut butter and other condiments), no rice, fruit, pasta, bread, or fake "low carb" food (candies, bars, bread). Lots of veggies, meat, cheese, nuts, peanut butter and eggs. Sometimes legumes and berries. The occasional treat of sugar free jello w/ coconut milk, or coconut milkshakes....i have a killer pb/choco milkshake in the recipe forum.

Anyway, this has helped me drop those annoying last 10 pounds with ease. Best of all I can eat ANYWHERE, ANYTIME, and pretty much ANYTHING (slightly modified). It is so liberating. It is so wonderful to be able to never be hungry, have three full meals a day, and never worry about weight. I like this way of eating so much more than counting calories.

Oh, and once a month I have a 'free treat' day a-la sugar free sheila. not recommended for everyone but am able to get back on the next day with ease. and it makes me feel better to know it's not that i wont EVER get to eat ice cream or cake etc etc...just not every day!

This is pretty much what I'm doing as well. My treats also include 85% dark chocolate and wine. I eat 100% whole grain toast a lot too. A bite of cake now and then. I'm lucky that I don't have a big sweet tooth, but I do love potatoes and have to have them in one form or another sometimes.